Drain-All has provided household hazardous waste collection, recycling and disposal services to municipalities in Ontario and Quebec since 1995.
We hold all necessary licences and approvals to run multiple mobile collection events per day on weekdays or weekends. Drain-All is also able to operate and maintain your municipality’s permanent collection facility if you desire.
Our experienced onsite teams include chemical technicians, trained operators and assistants who can answer questions about household hazardous waste.
We value holding household hazardous waste collection events. They give us an opportunity to engage more closely with communities and educate the public about waste diversion.
What to bring to a collection event
Drain-All receives the following items at our household hazardous waste sites and events:
- Latex or oil based paints
- Coatings or spray paints
- Aerosol containers
- Solvents or turpentines
- Furniture and paint strippers
- Oil filters
- Lubricating oil and containers
- Automotive lead acid batteries
- Household single-use dry cell and rechargeable batteries
- Anti-freeze and containers
- BBQ lighter fluids
- Propane tanks and pressurized containers
- Insecticides and herbicides
- Rat and mouse poisons
- Pool chemicals
- Household cleaners
- Used sharps
- Medicines and prescriptions
- Light tubes and bulbs
- Gasoline and waste oil
Drain-All’s household hazardous waste events are open only to residential waste. We do not accept commercial, institutional or industrial-generated waste.
Our protocols during COVID-19
To address operational restrictions during the pandemic, the following procedures are in place at Drain-All’s household hazardous waste event sites:
- When you arrive, you will be directed into a queue where you will wait your turn to park in a designated area. Vehicles will be spaced appropriately, and you must remain in your vehicle at all times.
- You will not be able to sort your material onsite. You must remain in your vehicle at all times. Staff will remove the material from the trunk of your vehicle, complying with physical distancing restrictions.
- The depot will accept household hazardous waste only. It will not accept electronic waste.
- Bins, totes, gas cans, etc. will not be emptied and returned to you.· If you are using a cardboard box to transport your material, please line the box with a garbage bag in case of leaks.